KnitSpeak

A blog specifically set up to record Knitters' abbreviations, acronyms and commonly used terms. Please feel free to comment or suggest additions, etc. Also includes a list of general net speak.

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Mary's Photo (SABLE - Stash Acquisition Beyond Life Expectancy)


Knitspeak has received another illustration of SABLE (this time from Mary). Thank you very much, Mary, for submitting the fantastic depiction below of Stash Acquisition Beyond Life Expectancy!


I think Mary must have enough stash here to start a shop and, yet, she tells us that this is only the tip of the iceberg, being only part of her visible stash, and that her loft is also fairly well insulated with yarn!

What I propose to do is to wait until we get a few more photos (I was hoping for about ten) and then organise a UKHK poll to choose the winner. So, please, keep those photos rolling in! How about one of SEX? No, really, I don't mean of the nuptial type - I mean as in Stash Enhancement eXpedition. A photo of you returning from your favourite LYS, perhaps, on your knees because you're so laden with bags of yummy yarny goodness. Inventiveness is allowed so, please, don't be afraid to be liberal with the creative use of your favourite photo editor! The main objective is to illustrate one of the terms in a photo.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:25 PM, Blogger Daisy said…

    Does that mean I'm ALLOWED to go and empty my LYS? Have always been quite tempted to see how many bags they'd let me take on the train from King's Cross... Imagine a whole train stuff with yarn! :-)

     
  • At 5:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hmmm - how do I let you know I'm submitting an entry?

    I've posted on my blog (called "comp entry" - oh so imaginative!) - please let me know if I should do anything else,

    Anne

     

Post a Comment

<< Home